Thursday, March 13, 2014

Start of a New Phase/Life/Adventure

For a little over two years, I had a 2006 30 foot Class C Forest River Lexington 283GTS.  It was my first RV and it was a great introduction to the world of RVing.  It had 50,000 miles on it when I got it and it was starting to show it's age.  With that rig, I learned more about what I like, what I didn't like. 


This February, I made the mistake of going to the big RV show at the Minneapolis Convention Center.  I found my dream home.  Or at least close enough to what I think is my dream home.  It was a Jayco Precept - a Class A.  It is 32 feet - a little bit longer than the old one, but still manageable. Actually if truth be told, when I went yesterday to pick the Precept up at the dealer - I thought to myself - holy cow - this thing is huge.  I think it is the big front window that makes it look so intimidating.    It took care of most of my major issues with my little Lexington.  There was no carpeting (carpeting - one of the dumbest ideas ever to put in a camper - we are camping - sand, dirt etc).  It had bedside tables.  Storage, storage, storage.  And counter space.  It doesn't rattle when I go down the road. 


For years I've been telling people - you are nuts to buy a new vehicle.  You lose so much money right off the bat and then you have to work out all the kinks.   What did I do?  Buy new.  I bought it from Hilltop Trailers.  I have got to tell you - these people are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.  From the finance guys to the service guys - it was such a great experience - I highly recommend them. 


I spent today moving into the Precept.  I had no idea I had so much "stuff".  I also spent time looking at manuals.  There are so many bells, whistles, buttons - it is going to take me a long time to figure it all out.  But what fun. 


I am in a hurry to get everything set up.  After this Minnesota winter, I just want to head south - south to a place where I don't have to wear a jacket.  I'm hoping that I can get on the road by early next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment