Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Teddy Bears and Luddites


Out to lunch with Ann at Cafe Torino. We sat at a table outside which was a real treat, it being February and all.

I had a DVD with me that contained old family movies from the twenties and thirties. There were movies of Ann as a baby and I wanted to show them to her. Ann is a Luddite, someone who does not embrace modern technology. She has no computer, refuses to get one and also does not have a DVD player. Shocking!!! Actually I admire her for sticking to her values and not caving in to pressure. We had to go to the public library and try to use their computers. For some reason, we couldn't get it to work. I was bummed because I was looking forward to viewing it with her so she could tell me more of the “old” stories.

We said goodbye, I will miss Ann – she is really a very cool lady.

Ok, now I want to show you a picture of a Teddy Bear Cactus.

Isn't It Pretty?


And here is one of those little buds that jump out and attack you

Nasty Little Suckers

No comments:

Post a Comment