Saturday, February 7, 2015

Blue Skies, Nothing But Blue Skies Do I See


While wandering around the campground last night, I ran into a couple of people from Canada. In chatting with them, they said that they were thinking of leaving today for other places. They are leaving behind an electrical site so I decided I would see if I could grab it before anybody else could. The plan was to head over to the electrical part of the park around 8 and start stalking sites. Evidently I didn't set one of my clocks to mountain time, it was still on central time, so I am out the door by 7:00 a.m. - yes, a.m. I came back every hour, on the hour, looking for an opening. I finally snagged one and started moving over around noon.

Camping World in Tucson finally called me back and told me that they needed two to three weeks after they diagnose the problems with my coach to get parts. Their main business is servicing the RV community, which is constantly on the move. I don't understand why it takes so long to get service done. Needless to say, even though I'm planning on staying in Tucson for a week or two – nothing will get fixed. I will probably just have to wait until I get back to Minnesota.

Lou and Davey have been camping about a half hour away and drove up to go hiking through the rocks with me. Guess they missed me. :-) I set up camp (fridge works fine on electric), and we headed out to the rocks and spent a pleasant hour or two wandering around out there.




What the rocks look like from a distance:



What the area around the rocks look like – the skies are beautiful in this part of the country:


Speaking of skies - there is no light pollution in this part of the country, maybe because there is nobody here, but I have never seen stars as intense as out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment