Thursday, February 12, 2015

Racing The Wind


Woke up at the crack of dawn and checked wind speeds. It was only about 15 mph but the forecast for each hour had the wind moving up into the howl status. Tucson was only an hour and a half away, I decided to go for it. Especially since the wind was coming out of the east which would give me a nice tail wind.

My destination is the Gilbert Ray Campground on the west side of Tucson. It is part of Tucson Mountain Park and butts up next to part of the Saguaro National Park. I plan to stay here a week. I will only have an electrical hookup, so I made sure my fresh water tank was full and my waste tanks were empty. I should have no problem making it a week. I'm excited because I will be seeing my cousin Ann for part of the time here.

The desert here is very strange. It looks a lot like the desert I've been going through but there are all these Saguaros here. They are the tall cacti that are like tall pillars with arms growing out of them. They dot the mountain sides and it is just sort of a foreign landscape for me. I like this campground – nobody is too close to me and the views are great. Again, the stars are amazing.



View out the driver's side of my Site at Gilbert Ray Campground

View out the passenger side of my site at Gilbert Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment