Thursday, February 5, 2015

Laid Back in New Mexico




I have nothing to do today. It is wonderful. Slept for ten hours, walked the dog, cleaned the refrigerator. 63 degrees out, sunny. Took the PC out to the picnic table and computed.
I picked up the new cover for my water heater and Davey helped me get it installed.
I also went to Walmart (yes I feel guilty about shopping there but I'm a weak, weak person) and picked up supplies for the journey. I am having a hard time figuring out how to shop. For some reason I think that I am in survival mode – I'm heading out into the wild blue yonder and I need to be prepared for any eventuality. I need to stock up. I don't know why I can't get it into my head that I live in the land of consumerism and there is a store just about on any corner.
Tonight is the last night Lou, Davey and I are going to be hanging out. They are anxious to get to California and I'm still putzing along in no hurry to get anywhere. I will miss hanging with my buddies so much, but I'm also excited about where I'm going and what I'm planning. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment