Friday, February 27, 2015

Old Friends


Right behind my RV they are building a gas station. It is behind a big fence so I can't see all the activity but I certainly can hear it. I can tell you that they start constructing at 6:30 in the a.m. I'm retired, I don't need to get up at this ungodly hour.

I filled up my fresh water tank since I was hooked up to water. I filled it up so full that it was running out of the overfill pipes. I then retracted my hydraulic lifts and drove into the street so I could hook up my car. Once I got into the street, all of a sudden water was just flowing out of the overfill pipes and gushing into the street. I thought that maybe I had changed the level of the RV, maybe it was sort of sloshing over. But this was no little sloshing, it was a full bore gush. When it finally stopped, I went and looked at the fresh water level indicator and it was registering at half full. This is the second time this has happened, the first time I thought that maybe I hadn't filled the tank full enough. I guess this is another thing to research on the internet and add to my ever growing list of things to get fixed.

Left Phoenix and drove north. My drive was only an hour today. Lots of mesas – those flat topped hills along the way. I got to Quail Ridge RV Park. It is an RV park but it doesn't seem all crowded with rigs on top of one another. That is probably because there are only 30 sites here as opposed to 334 mobile homes and 122 RV spots in Royal Palms, our last spot. There is not much of a place to walk Miko so we just circle the park over and over and over, meeting all the Minnesotans in the park.

The reason I am staying at this park is because it is pretty close to Prescott Valley where my friend Sharon lives. Sharon was originally from Iowa, we used to compete against each other in ACTHA which is a competitive trail riding organization. Sharon is one of the few people who actually beat me back when I was competing. On top of it all, she is just one of those warmhearted, nice people. We met in the town of Dewey at a steakhouse called Leff T's. The food was good, the company even better. It is nice to meet up with people that you know in different places.

No comments:

Post a Comment