Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Back to Knoxville


Got up and took one last walk around my lovely campground. I really liked it here – next time I will spend more time here. Drove down that long mountain road back to some flatland. Did I mention that the road seemed to have gotten skinnier and this time, on the way down, I was on the outside of the road, the side where it drops off many miles down to the valley.

Got to the Chickamunga and Chattanooga National Battlefield and watched the movies and looked at the displays. The Confederacy won the Chickamunga battle, the Union won Chattanooga. As one person of the times said – the Chattanooga loss was “the death knell of the Confederacy”. The battlefield is huge so we didn't spend any time walking around. There are tons of monuments scattered throughout the grounds.

It was a short two hour drive up to Kathy's place in Andersonville which is a little bit north of Knoxville I pulled up next to her garage, hooked up my water and electric, put out my awning and waited for her to get home from work. Miko has two dogs to play with – Taj, a Borzoi and Jasper a whippet. It was like old home week for the dogs. Much rejoicing all around. It was so nice to see Bill and Kathy again. I love hanging with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment