Sunday, October 13, 2019

The Lake Is Always Greener On The Other Side



And as we leave Maine, I wanted to do a shout out to a place where I spent almost every day while I was in Maine. Thank you C-Ray's for indulging me with many, many lobster rolls. 



Outdoor dining at it's finest


I also need to shout out to one of my camping neighbors who gifted me with a can of Rose wine. What will they think of next? Wine in a can! Of course I tried sipping it straight out of the can but that was just wrong. I had to pour it into a glass. Once I got past the horror of it all, it was pretty ok wine.



After leaving Maine, I started moving lickety split cross country. Places to go, people to see. I spent one night at Green Lakes State Park which is just south of Buffalo, New York. Green Lakes State Park's claim to fame is.....Green Lakes. There are two glacial lakes that are 'meromictic lakes which means that there is no fall or spring mixing of surface and bottom waters. Such lakes have a high potential for evidence of ancient plant and animal life.' (Green Lakes website). Because of my limited time, I only hiked around Round Lake and totally missed the lake called Green Lake. I love it when the water is so still that you can see the reflection of the trees in the water and it is hard to tell what is shoreline and what is water.










Of course we do have to end with a pet photo.  For some reason, Jogger loves to sit in the shower.  Doesn't matter if the shower is on or if it is off.  Many times I have had to remove him, dripping wet, out of the shower so I can get in there.  He loves it in there.



2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Neil and I have to get there we just left Vermont love your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete