Thursday, October 10, 2019

A Little Bit of Flowery Display


Thuya Gardens is close to Northeast Harbor. It was formally established and built from 1956 to 1961. I went there not expecting to see much in the way of blooms because it was getting to be very late in September. I was wrong. The dahlias were in bloom plus many others that I did not know.  Following are just pictures of flowers to try to chase away the weather doom and gloom that has descended again on the citizens of my home state Minnesota.

One of the gates into the gardens


This sign was the cause of great disappointment on my part.  
I had planned all sorts of shenanigans and general tomfoolery.






























Those yellow flowers were a lot taller than me
















To get to Thuya Gardens you have to ascend a narrow, curvy, one lane road with a drop off on one side and a hill on the other. If you meet a car, one of you has to back up until you find a wide spot in the road. When I saw a car leaving just before me, I quick got behind them because I figured if we met anybody on the road, the car meeting us would back up because two is bigger than one.  The plan worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment