Sunday, April 24, 2022

Tahee Tahoe

 I met up with Lou and Dave again in all places – Lake Tahoe. Zephyr Cove Campground is a lovely campground, right across the street from Lake Tahoe itself. There are lots of big old trees scattered throughout the campground. They are scattered in such a way that I couldn't get into my assigned campsite. On my way to the replacement site, I tried to take a sharp turn and came within inches of another big honkin' tree reaching out and getting me. Luckily, there were some people there to help direct me and get me back on the path of righteousness. Dodged that bullet. After looking at the bark of that particular tree, it looked like I was not the only rig that might have had a close encounter.

I've heard that Lake Tahoe was beautiful, but words do not come close to how beautiful it actually is. We spent a lot of time walking on the shore, Miko got a whole lot of wave-chasing done.


Miko wave hunting










Emerald Bay










I also was finally able to see some waterfalls of stature.


Upper Eagle Falls - I couldn't get any closer because all of the parking areas close by were full.






I left Minnesota in October. The idea was to avoid snow at all costs. Evidently, I did not succeed at that.




The mountains were pretty after the snow




No comments:

Post a Comment