Monday, June 24, 2024

Reflector Art?

 

It was a one-nighter, just a quick stop on the way to someplace else. Doesn't that sound like the start of a bad novel?

I'm camping at the Kittitas Valley Event Center, in Ellensburg Washington, which happens to be the county fairground. Waking in the morning to the sound of squealing pigs, I found that it was time for the pig weigh in. There were many trucks pulling trailers full of medium size pigs. There was even a small U-Haul trailer that somebody had rented to transport their pigs in. This pig weigh in was in preparation for the county fair in August. I guess that they would weigh the pigs again at county fair time and compare the two numbers.

But pigs are not the main reason why I am here. It is time for Dick and Jane's Spot. In a typical city house, lived Dick and Jane – two outsider folk artists. For 35 years, they continually decorated their house with thousands of bottle caps, reflectors and cut-outs. Side note: I found that there is a whole group of people in the world who are reflector artists. There are websites and there is some reflector art is in some major museums.

This lady caused problems with the neighbors. 
They seemed to object to a topless woman with reflectors covering her nipples.

















We haven't had any waterfall pictures lately.  I guess I've been remiss.  Here is Snoqualmie Falls which is located about an hour east of Seattle.  It has a 268 foot drop and besides it's position as one of the most popular scenic attractions in the area, it had a starring role in the TV show 'Twin Peaks'. 






2 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved the clip of the falls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d like to meet the bottle cap people! I love anyone who lets their spirit soar and does things like decorate their house with bottle caps. Personally I’ve always want to paint some crazy things on my car! How fun would that be?

    ReplyDelete