Saturday, April 24, 2021

Water, Water, Water

 

Down by Brevard, North Carolina is the Dupont National Forest. Four waterfalls are on today's agenda. Are you tired of waterfalls yet? Hope not, because I have only just begun.

Don't know the name of this one



Hooker Falls – a measly little 12 foot drop of a waterfall, but a waterfall that I found rather moving, spiritually, if not waterwise. I was able to get up very close to the base of the falls and I was able to sit there for quite a while, just being there.


Hooker Falls




From Hooker Falls, it was a short hike over to Triple Falls. Maybe I should mention that a lot of this hike was all uphill. Triple Falls is three cascades descending over 120 feet. The falls were like something out of National Geographic special.


Triple Falls

I did try to go to High Falls and Looking Glass Falls but there was no place to park. Way too many people were out and about. It's Tuesday, y'all are supposed to be at work or school.

I did get to hike to see Moore Creek Falls. Again, there were signs up – don't go pass this point – death has occurred. Maybe people just don't know how to read anymore, rather than a sense of entitlement, a feeling that rules don't mean them. Maybe that is it. It was rather enticing though – if you crossed over the fence line, you could walk behind the waterfall.

Moore Creek Falls

With my fancy new camper, there is an Auto Level feature.  You push a button, it does a whole auto level process.  When it is time to hook the truck up to the camper again, I push another button and it returns the camper to the original position so I can get hitched up.  I pushed that latter button, got into my truck and backed up to the camper.  Evidently, I did something wrong or the Return button did not work the way it was supposed to.  I highly suspect the former was the issue.  Anyway, the end result is that I backed the truck into the front of the camper and bashed in the front compartment door with the truck tailgate.  It was not pretty.  It got even a little bit more tacky when I added duct tape to the compartment door to make sure it stayed closed.   I guess it is just something else I will need to get fixed whenever I am back in Minnesota.








No comments:

Post a Comment