Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Bed Battles



I have finally arrived in Maine. I have tried several times to make it to Maine and each time I have been foiled by too many things to see and too many places to go that are on the way to Maine. But I have finally made it. The very first item on my to-do list was to find me a lobster roll. I had heard about them, I knew that they were a must-do and I had never had one in my life. So I looked up in Yelp and found a little storefront type place just down the road from where I was staying. OMG – this is the most incredible food ever. This was huge chunks of lobster, soaked in butter, with a few spices thrown in on an incredible piece of bread. I can tell that during my time here in Maine, I am going to have to up my food budget. I am going to have lobster roll every day I'm here. 



This is what Heaven looks like


I am staying at a campground called Wild Duck Adult Only Campground. I was sort of wondering what kind of risque things went on in an Adult Only Campground. Turns out that it is just a very quiet, peaceful campground without loud and raucous children running around. I liked it. Wild Duck Campground is right next to the Scarborough Marsh which is Maine's largest salt water marsh. Salt marshes filter pollution from the water. Back in the 1800s, they thought that draining the marshes would stop the spread of mosquitoes. The draining actually had the opposite effect because it destroyed the habitat of the other species who ate mosquitoes. 


The marsh




More marsh

This is probably why they call the campground Wild Duck Campground


Miko and I went to the beach while we were here. We not only went to the ocean, it just so happened that it was a leash free beach. Miko could be unchained. I was a little nervous about lettng her off leash. Last time I took Miko to the ocean, down in Georgia, she ingested so much salt water that she was sick. She must have learned her lesson though because she was definitely not interested in catching waves here.  We were there during low tide and there was all this red algae on the beach.  I haven't seen that before.



This is one happy dog


This is one tired dog

We have had a little drama in the camper since we added Jogger to the camping mix.



This is where Jogger normally sleeps when he isn't taking over my bed.


Jogger decides he likes Miko's bed better and starts making his move.


As usual, Jogger gets his way.  Poor Miko.


They seem to have worked it out but I'm not sure Miko is really thrilled about her new reality

No comments:

Post a Comment