Sunday, May 2, 2021

At The Farm

 

My bestie, Kathy, lives in an equestrian community in the mountains northwest of Knoxville, Tennessee. Anytime I am anywhere close to her, I feel that I must stop by because I certainly don't want to miss any opportunity to see her. Kathy has a couple of new horses, one is an Icelandic named Andvari, the other is a little hinney named Mrytle. Myrtle is a little goof ball, always getting into trouble, while Andvari is one of those great horses that lets most things roll off his back. They are a good match for each other.

I could almost touch the ground on both sides.
 Mrytle was very patient with me



The Peanut Gallery - Miko and Tux
Miko does not look like she approves


Andvari and Mrytle


Besides lounging around the farm, eating chocolate and binge watching TV, we did get out and about for a few hikes. This area of Tennessee is breathtaking.




Pickett State Park

Kathy even has a waterfall just down the road



The best news is that I was able to get my second Pfizer shot near Kathy's house. I heard that the fairgrounds had vaccines and I called them up for an appointment. Two hours later, I had my totally filled in vaccine card. I'm feeling rather invincible again and also feeling very lucky.



No comments:

Post a Comment