Tuesday, September 1, 2026

To The Mountains, We Will Go!

 It was June, school was out, and I thought – I should take my ten year old grandson(Isaac) to see his uncle, Natedogggg, Colorado's very own First Chair champion. What a great bonding experience this would be. 


The one thing to know about Isaac is that he is the type of guy who, to put it mildly, embraces life. He is up for anything. From the moment we got to the airport until we got home, it was a high energy blast. Actually, I think those same characteristics could be said for Nate.


On the way to get the rental car
Isaac was comfortable every place he went

Our first stop was to see Rocky Mountain National Park.  The closest place to stay was the town Estes Park, a nice little tourist town. 




One of the requirements that Isaac had was that anyplace we stayed had to have a pool.  I think he would have stayed all day in a pool if he had a chance.  


Isaac was thrilled that he finally got to sit in the front seat of a car.  He had been waiting his whole life to get to ride in the front seat and finally the airbag sign told him that he was big enough. 
To quote Isaac "Best day of my life"


Before we headed to the park, we decided to do one of those mountain slides.   Isaac was a few inches too short to be able to ride by himself which meant we had to ride together.  At this moment I should point out that I'm afraid of heights and I also have vertigo. But this is my only grandson, what's a grandma to do.  We get up to the top and Isaac starts screaming "Faster Grandma Faster".  There is  no holding him back.  Meanwhile, Grandma is scared out of her mind. I would like to say that I actually did this three friggin' times.  If that ain't love, I don't know what is!





Big Thompson River runs right through Estes Park. 
All along the River Walk, there were instruments that you could play. 





The first thing we did when we got into Rocky Mountain National Park was to sign up for our Junior Ranger badges.  Isaac took it very seriously and wore his badge every day we were in the park.


Baby Moose!  In the wild!

Of course there had to be waterfalls





Bear Lake





No comments:

Post a Comment