Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Mother of All Waterfalls (Eastern Division)

It was a lovely time at Fall Creek Falls State Park. We actually ate out in a restaurant. The park has an inn that you can stay in, overlooking the Caney River. It seemed more like a large hotel and it had an actual restaurant there. We decided that the lunch buffet was the way to go. The only problem was that they were going to shut down the buffet about fifteen minutes after we arrived. I don't think I've ever done a buffet quite this way. We loaded up a salad plate, we loaded up a dinner plate with all we could fit on it, we loaded up a dessert plate and brought it all back to the table. There was no room on the table for anything else. When you put all those plates together, it looked like a rather obscene amount of food. It was a different perspective from when you just get one plate at a time and you don't quite realize how much you are actually eating.

Kathy, Miko and I took off on a what we thought was a two mile hike. As is my penchant, we somehow got a little turned around and it ended up being twice as long of a hike. The good thing, though, is that we got to see five out of the six waterfalls in the park. Score!!!


Waterfall #1

There is a swinging bridge above Waterfall #1.  Miko can't handle swinging bridges so we couldn't cross over. 
That was quite all right by me, swinging bridges aren't my thing either - Thank you Miko


Waterfall #2


Waterfall #2 and #3 - I find I like wide, fat waterfalls better than tall skinny ones.  








The Grand Finale - Waterfalls #4 and 5
This waterfall is 256 feet tall and is the highest free-fall waterfall east of the Mississippi River. 
It is about 100 feet taller than Niagara Falls

Ok - unless I get really lucky, I think I'm done with waterfalls on this particular trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment