It's off to the one of the most famous cities in Spain – Granada.
The first thing we do when we arrive in Granada is get our hotel rooms. I am rather picky about my accommodations, in that I absolutely hate sharing a room with anybody. I guess it is my inner introvert coming out but having some alone time is something that I treasure. As a consequence, I generally have to pay a single supplement and the rooms are sometimes on the smaller size. Imagine my joy when I walked into my room and found that I had a suite. Not only did I have a suite, but off the bedroom on my gigantic deck, I had a massive Jacuzzi tub. Unbelievable. Under the cover of darkness, since I did not bring a suit, I filled the tub and bubbled away. It took me over an hour to fill the tub, it was that big.
We spent several days in Granada exploring the city. One evening as we were walking back to the hotel, we found our way blocked by the 42nd Media Maraton Ciudad de Granada (Granada Half Marathon). There were 6,000 runners and it started at 7:30 at night. Trying to cross a street without interfering with the runners was quite the challenge. One of our party, almost didn't make it, almost colliding with a runner.
Chris Columbus kneeling before Queen Isabella Potpourri Walked along the Genil River and got to see another waterfall
This is the Royal Cchapel of Granada where Queen Isabella I and King Ferdinand II are buried.
You walk down about six steps into a crypt where you can see the tomb.
Another night we were treated to a flamenco performance in a cave. It was sort of like a house built into the hill. The walls were all white-washed plaster – it really didn't seem like much of a cave. It was rather narrow – I was sitting right next to the stage. By right near, I mean that I had to tuck my feet under my chair and occasionally duck as the dancers twirled around. I was so close, that the only pictures I could take of the dancers was of their feet. Still, it was pretty cool.
| The Cave |
| My foot and the stage |
No comments:
Post a Comment