Thursday, July 30, 2026

Adios Espana!

 I think one of the major reasons people visit Granada is to see Alhambra and it is a very worthwhile sight to see. 

I know there is a difference but Alhambra gave me a another earworm – Lady Gaga's Alejandro.

Alhambra is a vast palace and fortress. It is considered the pinnacle of Moorish architecture and was built in the 13th and 14th century. Not only was it a fortress and palace – but there were gardens, gardens and more gardens. At Alhambra's prime, there were 2,000 people living on the grounds.


Alhambra








Palace of Charles V
He built this Renaissance-style palace in the middle of Alhambra.  It was never finished.

The inside of the palace







Alhambra

We headed back to Malaga, where we started our Andalusian journey.  I had a little bit of time before I had to catch my plane to my next adventure.  What did I find to do?  Anybody who knows me, knows that I have a huge fondness for art glass.  How lucky that I was able to find a glass museum?


The lobby of the museum


Salvador Dali

Andy Warhol

I'm like a little kid sometimes.  Here is a piece that I heard myself going Ohhhhh Myyyy!





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, varied and interesting photos, as always. And looks like you had great weather to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alhambra was my favorite spot in Spain, thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories of my time in Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you buy a paperweight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shiny, colorful bowl too! And who knew Andy Warhol made glass art!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers! That multicolored plate! Thank you for the photos of The Alhambra gardens. We missed a lot of the Alhambra because our tour drew the short straw and was one of the last to enter. We toured it around sunset. Boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete