Friday, April 8, 2022

Flora, Flora, Flora!!

 The Conservatory of Flowers is the oldest building in Golden Gate Park as it was completed in 1879. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As you walk thru the Conservatory in your jeans and Tennies, I felt very under dressed. I should have been wearing a long Victorian dress complete with gloves and a parasol.


There sure are a lot of Doodles in San Francisco


The Conservatory of Flowers









This one faked me out - it is actually a wood sculpture.

The Japanese Tea Garden was serene and lovely. There was even a small cafe where I could get my new love – Mochi.











There is even a waterfall in Golden Gate Park. 
You could rent a boat and row your sweetheart all around the lake.

There is also a Botanical Garden in the park, but alas, we ran out of time.  Next trip.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! John and I try to go to botanical gardens whenever we are near one.

    ReplyDelete