Friday, March 18, 2022

From The Sublime to the Huh?

I wasn't expecting much when I went to Joshua Tree National Park. Another desert, another bunch of rocks and then there are those weird looking Joshua Trees. Yes, Joshua Tree has all that, but there is something more to it. 

There are multiple energy vortices or so they say. A vortex is believed to be a special spot on the earth where energy is either entering into the earth or projecting out of the earth's plane. They are found at many sacred sites throughout the world (Great Pyramid, Stonehenge, Machu Picchu). I've never been aware enough to notice vortices so I can't say. Joshua Tree is a place where I felt very centered and very peaceful so maybe there is something to that. Besides that, it is just a beautiful place.

Some people say that the Joshua Tree looks like something Dr. Seuss would have thought up.

One of the hikes I did was the Hidden Valley hike.  Hidden Valley was a secret valley surrounded by these tall boulder walls.  The valley was supposedly used by cattle rustlers to hide their stolen cattle.  



Watched the lower guy climb over to the upper guy.  Not for me, nosireebob.


Keys View: You drive up to the top of a mountain and there are these incredible views.  There are also some extreme winds - the type of wind where you have to walk at a 45-degree angle to get anywhere.

Notice how low the clouds are over my head



The blue in the background is the Salton Sea which is about 97 miles away by road.


More Rocks

For some reason, they call this Skull Rock.


The town of Joshua Tree is not without it's charm (I'm using that word liberally). Who wouldn't want to experience the World Famous Crochet Museum? 


I think I captured the whole Crochet Museum in this one picture

The Noah Purifoy Desert Art Museum is a ten acre parcel in the desert where the artist Noah Purifoy used found objects to create large-scale sculpture.  According to his website: "Constructed entirely from junked materials, this otherworldly environment is one of California's great art historical wonders."



These are lawn chair frames



This one I almost liked

I'm sorry, Noah, I'm just not feeling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment