Thursday, November 19, 2020

I Think It Is More Orange But What Do I Know?

 

You can't go to Sedona without doing some hiking. You need to get up close to all those red rocks, maybe even experience a vortex or two. A vortexes are “thought to be swirling centers of energy that are conducive to healing, meditation and self-exploration. These are places where the earth seems especially alive with energy. “ Besides the Red Rocks, Sedona is known for it's vortexes.




I picked the Fay Canyon hike, mostly because it said that it was quite a shady walk. This Arizona sun can be brutal. It was a lovely trail, flat, sandy through the canyon. At the very end of the trail, there was a rock climb which Miko and I attempted. Believe it or not, it started to rain so we didn't get very far. That is our excuse and we are stickin' by it.





Fay Canyon starts over behind those trees


This is where it ends


Fay Canyon was the only 'Sedona' hike I did. Right outside of Sedona is the Red Rock State Park. Red Rock State Park has the red rocks of Sedona but not the crowds. I started off doing the Eagle's Nest Loop and as usual, got turned around. By the time I got back to the Visitor's Center, I had also done the Coyote Ridge Trail and the Apache Fire Loop. Oh well. The scenery was lovely and the hiking was interesting in that it was varied. Up, down, flat, trees, way up high views.



Don't know what type of tree this is, but the bark is way cool


I also hiked at Red Rock Crossing. I've only been in desert type environment for a little bit, but when I saw Oak Creek and water actually flowing, I can't tell you how exciting it was. This hike followed the creek thru the woods. If I had to make an official statement right at this moment(subject to change at any minute, of course), I guess I would say that expansive desert mountain views are beautiful and full of Wow factor, but I much prefer water and trees. Must be my Minnesota upbringing.









No comments:

Post a Comment