Friday, September 7, 2018

The Falls In Sioux Falls


I spent the morning lounging, walking the dog and cleaning out my black and gray tanks. I had a big drive ahead of me – a whole 56 minutes to the great metropolis of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I was on my way to try to pass as a sociable person – to practice trying to carry on an actual conversation. It is good to practice new skills.

I was actually going to visit an old work buddy and his wife who recently moved to Sioux Falls. I've known Dave for probably about twenty years. He has helped me several times when things on the RV have broken because I have fallen afoul of the RV gods. Dave and Sandie graciously offered their place to moochdock (park the RV). After fixing me dinner, they took Miko and me down to Falls Park to see the falls from where Sioux Falls got their name. I had planned on going during the day but there was something magical about going after dark. It was quite stunning.



This is what I thought the falls might look like - lovely falls but not all that stuepndous



Little did I know that there were many waterfalls in Falls Park








Sandie and Dave - Thanks for the hospitality

No comments:

Post a Comment